Tuesday 6 December 2011

Men REALLY don't listen!

I would just like to share with you a conversation I had with my partner last night, as we are both hard working people, we try to have a "family day" every weekend, where we go out or do something as a family.

My sister has very kindly bought us tickets to Mini Moos as a Christmas gift  (review to follow,) and we had also agreed to take children to feed the deer at Whitworth hall (another review to follow) before Christmas and so I was trying to explain to my partner that there are only two more Sundays until Christmas day and the mini moos tickets are only valid from 17th December which means we need to go to Whitworth hall this Sunday coming, the Mini moo's the week after.

He listened intently (or so I thought) nodding in all the right places and agreeing with what I said.

Now I will share the text conversation we had today (the morning after!)

Partner : We might have to go to Mini Moos this Sunday

Me : why?? how??

Partner : Then go to Whitworth Hall the week after

Me : This is what I was explaining last night, I'd prefer to go there this Sunday but as tickets are only valid from 17th we can't!

Partner : We'll have to go on the 18th then

exasperated sigh

Later....


Partner : There's only two Sundays left before Christmas

Me : Oh my goodness do you LISTEN to anything I say??????????


I then went into the office kitchen in order to make myself a cup of tea (as we all know tea solves everything), I had my back to the door and was mistaken for someone else, the lady I was mistaken for took great glee in this and proudly announced

 "Eehhh did you think that was me Edna, eeehh thanks, she must be 20 years younger than me, I'm 76"  !!!!!!!

After seeing my face, she then retracted this comment and said

"sorry pet I mean 40 years younger"
I'm 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've obviously been worn out by my partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment