Tuesday 20 December 2011

Sudden death

Today I learnt I am going to die, we all know we are going to die one day, however I never imagined a website would so cruelly predict my untimely demise.

We've all done it, you don't feel well, or you have found an odd growth or rash so rather than go to the professionals, as they're "fully booked" or you need to ring 3 months before you are ill to let them know you are going to be ill in order to get an appointment, or just omaybe your a man, so instead we choose to google it.

I woke up last night, or to rephrase, the dog made me get out of bed at stupid o clock so he could relieve himself.
While waiting for him to sniff every item in our garden to decide if it was privileged enough for him to cock his leg against my nose began to bleed. Heavily, My 5am logic told me to leave the door wide open, letting as much cold as I possibly could in and rather than go to the downstairs bathroom a few steps away for some tissue, go up the white carpeted stairs to the upstairs bathroom and make my partner get out of bed to get the dog back in and shut the door.

It lasted about 10 mins which in nose bleeding times is quite long but in 5am nose bleeding times it's bleeding (get it) ages!!
This then happened another 3 times during the day while at work, which led me to google "recurrent nose bleeds in an adult in one day" (I like to be specific)
This led to me all kinds of scary information such as "caused by eye hemorrhage" vitamin K deficiency and it could be due to cirrhosis!!

Luckily there's is this tinsy little voice in my head (which I choose mainly to ignore) called common sense, It told me that it is very unlikely to be any of these and probably more likely due to the little cold I have,  *male translation-man flu.

So I learnt 3 things today

1. Don't google illnesses

2. Don't believe everything you read (unless it's on Wo-manvsfood)

3 I'm not going to die (yet)

Phew!!

.

1 comment:

  1. The post is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.


    bin weevils login

    ReplyDelete